Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Kicking Off the Film Music Blog-a-thon

Between now (official start: tomorrow) and June 25, Damian Arlyn is hosting a Film Music Blog-a-Thon at Windmills of My Mind. If you haven't heard about it already, I strongly encourage to head over to his blog to check it out and consider adding your own contribution in what will surely be a memorable weekend in film writing.

This is the first of (hopefully) several posts on my blog between now and June 25 on the topic of film music. During this time, I will be focusing my thoughts on this single important topic in cinema studies before returning to the more broad areas of film studies and discussion. This blog-a-thon has provided me good opportunity to begin a greater exploration of the term "audiovisual" as it relates to cinema. I consider this upcoming weekend an entry point into a mode of thought and criticism that will likely continue long beyond the blog-a-thon. So thank you, Damian, for putting this blog-a-thon together! I can only hope we will see a wealth provocative and exciting writing on a subject that desperately needs more attention!

1 comment:

Damian Arlyn said...

You're welcome, Ted. Thank you participating. I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say. I also hope we see a lot of interesting writing on the subject because I personally feel that there hasn't been enough up until now.